Join LDS Preppers!
Survival Corner Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

1. Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

Hello all, Im known to many as mommy magic, and for the odd recipes that i have collected over the years, not all the recipes are "mine". i feel that the old recipes should be shared and not lost in history, i am NOT a Dr./ pharmacist/ vet. and do NOT pretend to be, i do NOT take responsabilaty of any recipes that you try ( PLEASE know your herbs so you are safe) and i do NOT take credit for any recipes as they are again not all mine, i have indeed tryed/ use alot of them, someday we may need these odd recipes when there is no DR. PLEASE note some make be affensive to others BUT that is not my intention...........

NOW WHO WOULD LIKE SOME GOOD OLD FASHION RECIPES?????????

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mommy magic For This Useful Post:

AZ Prepper (12-31-2011), GregE (02-27-2012), JulieAnn (02-07-2012)

3. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

Respiratory Anthrax (Internal use)
    Add 45- drops of lavender (essential oil) and 45 drops of oregano (essential oil) to a 2-oz. bottle vodka or brandy.
    Add 40-50 drops of essential oil/alcohol mixture to a half glass of warm water. Then add 10-12 drops of echinacea (herbal tincture ), elderberry (herbal tincture), garlic (herbal tincture) and goldenseal (herbal tincture) to the water.

Take combined mixture 3 times per day, 10 minutes before meals.

Internal use (for skin anthrax)
    Add 5- drops cinnamon bark essential oil, 8- drops geranium essential oil, 5- drops lavender essential oil, and 5- drops savory essential oil to 2- ounce bottle of vodka or brandy.Add 40-50 drops of this essential oil /alcohol mixture to a half- glass of warm water. Then add 20- drops calendula herb tincture and 20- drops ofartichoke herb tincture into the water.

Take combined mixture 3- times per day, before meals.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Garlic Oil (antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal)
    Crush or squeeze 6 cloves of garlic into a cup. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Allow the active ingredient in the garlic (ajoene) to seep into the oil for 3 days. Strain off the garlic residue and apply the oil with a cotton swab or cotton ball once daily for a week. If irritation occurs, stop use immediately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antibacterial powder (for dogs and cats)
    1- part golden seal powder
    1- part garlic powder

This is to prevent and treat general infections, parasitic infections (such as ringworm or mange), or hair loss. Mix together and store in a covered jar.
    Apply freely to any sore or abraded area where bacteria might become a problem.

******* IF YOU WANT MORE PLEASE LET ME KNOW********

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mommy magic For This Useful Post:

AZ Prepper (12-31-2011), JulieAnn (02-07-2012)

5. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

WHAT? no one wants this sort of stuff?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mommy magic For This Useful Post:

JulieAnn (02-07-2012)

7. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

Thank you for sharing! Please continue to share. Most people here browse and read, but don't always reply. It's great to have you on the forum!
    [I]-Darin-

My Preparedness Store: www.SurvivalCorner.com
    My Blog: www.AZPrepper.com
    My Rabbitry: www.AZRabbits.com

8. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

AZ Prepper, i guess im just use to members responding to other members. well thank you for responding to my post. these go out to you...........

my son is in the milatary, he developed something on his feet like trench foot.his feet would bleed , and his toes where growing together ,he went to the dr. and the dr. couldnt do anything for him, so mom to the rescue! lol, i found this recipe and made it up for him and had him use it, hes use to my odd recipes! lol, anyway in 1-2 weeks it was GONE, it works great! i hope you all enjoy this recipe and any other odd recipes i have.

an anti-fungal / anti-yeast treatment

2-tablespoons boric acid.
    1-cup cornstarch.

place in a large salt shaker. shake on any area with fungal rash.
    makes a great baby shower gift.
    some skin rashes are severe enough to take two weeks to heal. also works great on athletes foot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i had a hard time getting this recipe, the amish used this years ago,, for pneumonia when the drs had no hope, there was a drug store that packaged it up and sent it to you the drug store is closed now but the phamacist guy that ownen the drug store still packages it up and you can still order it, his health is not well, i called him to see if i could get the recipe, and he said NO, i would hate for this recipe to be lost forever like so many good recipes from long ago, when you get the package its all measured out and here it is. . .

LUNG FEVER SALVE

12oz.-unsalted lard
    2 oz.- camphor
    3 oz. - beeswax
    3 oz. - rosin (powdered)
    heat the above in a double boiler. take off heat, then add....
    2 teaspoons raw linseed oil, 20 ml. turpentin
    bottle up, used for colds and pneumonia, rub on chest and back.
    it will store for years.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mommy magic For This Useful Post:

AZ Prepper (01-01-2012), JulieAnn (02-07-2012), NenaSC (02-07-2012), Phil801 (01-02-2012)

10. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

Homemade Salin Salution

1/4- teaspoon cosher salt
    8- oz. water
    1/4- teaspoon baking soda
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Elderberry Extract

take 1/2 cup berries to 8 cups of water.doil berries and simmer down to 2 cups of liquid (took about 30 - 45 minutes). strain off berries and add 1/2 cup honey and store in refrigerator.
    USE: a tablespoon or 2 at a time to ward off sickness.
    NOTE: great for treating flu and in particular bird flu.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Camphorated Oil

this makes a wounderful liniment and can be obtained from drugstores. To make your own liniment of camphor, use camphor USP.
    1- oz camphor USP
    4- fluid oz. olive oil
    dissolve the camphor in the oil. this is an excellent aid for pain relief, sprains, bruises, rheumatic or gouty problums of the joints, and other local pain or glandular swellings. check skin for sensitivity to camphor before full use of this liniment.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Herbal Compress To Stop Bleeding

1-teaspoon tincture of yarrow (or other suitable herb)
    1/2- cup water
    a soft cloth

combine ingredients. soak the cloth in the liquid, wring it out and apple it with prerrure over the wound.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Homemade Hand Sanitizer

1- cup aloe vera gel
    1- teaspoon rubbing alcohol
    2- teaspoons vegetable glycerin
    8-10- drops tea tree essential oil or lavender essential oil

simply blend all of the ingredients together and store.

remember to keep checking with this thread for more recipes and please post any comments, they help EVERYONE!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mommy magic For This Useful Post:

AZ Prepper (06-04-2012), ChefTessBakeresse (02-03-2012), JulieAnn (02-07-2012)

12. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

Amish Cough Syrup
    this cough syrup works well and dosnt taste to bad eather

mix equel parts of lemon juice, honey, and castor oil.

Adult dose: take 1 (one) tablespoon per day.
    childrens dose: (over 2 years old) take 1 (one) teaspoon per day.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Homemade Nighttime Cold Remedy (reminiscent of nyquil)
    this cough remedy works very well

this remedy lets you sleep vary sound all night.
    1-lemon
    1/4-cup maple syrup
    1/4-cup hot water
    2-tablespoons brandy

sqeeze all juice from lemon and stir it into the maple syrup. add hot water and brandy. drink at once. repeat after 24 hour, if necessary.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Restless Leg Syndome remedy

1-teaspoon of apple cider vinegar added to
    1-cup of warm water add honey and drink up.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Homemade Diaper Rash Cure

mix milk of magnesia and corn starch in equal amounts to make a creamy consistency. apply liberally to baby.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Homemade Pedialyte

2-quarts water
    1-teaspoon baking soda
    7-teaspoons sugar
    1- (1/4 oz.) packet unsweetened kool-aid (any flavor)
    1/2-teaspoon salt substitute

mix all together well and store in frige for NO more then 3 days. can be made into ice cubes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Homemade Baby Wipes
    not just for babys bottom, we use these for messes/spills the the car

2- cups hot water, boiled
    1-tablespoon baby bath, or shampoo
    1-tablespoon oil (baby oil, mineral oil, massage oil)
    1-tablespoon lotion (baby lotion or regular lotion with or without scent)
    1-tablespoon white vinegar ( optional it prevents mold)

mix all together and pour over pre-folded paper towels, i use wipe alls)
    These recipes may be considered of a sensative note to some, and i appolagize if it afends you, but in shtf situation you/someone may want them.

Anti- Herpes Paste

the Anti-Herpes Paste below makes an excellent poultice when applied directly to the sores.
    1- part goldenseal powder
    1-part black walnut hull powder
    1-part echinacea root powder

mix the powder herbs together, then moisten the mixture with a bit of St. Johns Wort / Calendula tincture.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Testicle Bath

1-quart water
    1/4-cup each comfrey and mullein leaves
    1/8-cup chamomile flowers

bring water to a boil and pour it over the herbs, let steep at least 15 minutes . strain and pour into your bath.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oil For Genital Infection/Irritation

1/8-teaspoon each lavender and tea tree essential oils
    1-ounce vegetable oil

combine ingredients. apply to the infected or irritated area at least 2 times a day. (it works well even when the irritation is not caused by infection.)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mommy magic For This Useful Post:

AZ Prepper (06-04-2012), JulieAnn (02-07-2012)

14. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

Tincture-oil Tampons

Using 5ml thyme tincture along with 5ml of calendula tincture then adding 5 drops of tea tree oil or thyme oil you can make the base for your tampon tincture-oil yeast infection remedy. Saturate a tampon with this mixture and water. Use this tampon twice daily, once in the morning and once at night for 1 hour at a time.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    withdrawal tincture (quit smoking)

1/2- teaspoon each tincture of valerian rhizome and skullcap leaves.
    1- teaspoon tincture (or glycerite) of fresh oat berries.
    1/2- teaspoon each tincture of st. johns-wort leaves and passionflower.

combine ingredients. take 2-5 dropperfuls a day. if your a recovering alcoholic, use a glycerite instead of a tincture.

Nerve Pain Tincture

1-teaspoon eachtincture of St. John's Wort flowers, skullcap leaves, fresh oats and licorice root
    1/2-dropperful each tincture of ginger rhizome and vervain leaves

combine ingredients. take 1 dropperful every half hour, as needed during an emergency. to relieve chronic pain, 2 to 4 dropperfuls a day.

Lice Remover Shampoo

1-oz.olive oil
    5-drops tea tree oil
    5-drops rosemary oil
    3-drops oregano oil

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Herbal Remedy for Pink Eye

The herb Eyebright has astringent and antibacterial properties to drawl out infections such as pink eye and soothe eyes.

Make an infusion:
    Pour 1 cup boiling water over 1 teaspoon of dried eyebright herb.
    Steep for 10 minutes; Stain and allow to cool.

Now you can use this infusion in a few different ways.

You can use as an eyewash 3-4 times a day.

You can also use as a warm compress. Take a soft cloth and dip into infusion while still warm, gently ring out cloth and apply to eyes. Repeat as cloth cools. You may need to reheat your infusion. Leave the compress on the eyes for at least 10 minutes.

You can also purchase eyebright tincture already made from a herbal shop. Put three drops of eyebright tincture in a tablespoon of boiled water. When cool, use as an eyewash.

Wash your hand REALLY good after handling your eyes to stop the spread of pink eye.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i use to sew and knit for Gander Mountian so i have bi-lateral carperal tunnal, bi-lateral tennis elbow and bi-lateral bursitis in my sholders so i know pain. i like the Bay Leaf Tincture that my other half ( Misticwolf) makes for me. its not a cure but it helps me deal with the pain.

Bay Leaf Tincture

in a 1 quart wide mouth jar put 6 oz. of dried bay leaves. Full jar to just under half full of vodka, then full the rest of the jar with water. Cover and store in cool dark spot, shake once a day. and leave sit for 2 weeks to 1 month. after this time strain and save liquid. store in amber bottles. apply tincture to a soft cloth and rub/massage the affected area. (NOT FOR PREGNANT WOMEN!)

TECNICAL RECIPE:
    1-part herb to 5-parts solution 45% vodka water mix. (45% alc. ppv.)
    Plantain Ointment

Pick Plantago leaves when they are vibrant and green. Chop them coarsely and pack loosely into a clean, very dry jar. Add olive oil, dislodge air bubbles with a knife or chopstick until the jar is filled to the very top. label and cap securely. Let sit out of direct sunlight, on a surface that won't be marred by oozing oil.
    Decant after six weeks, pouring off the oil and squeezing out what remains in the plant material. Discard the herb. Grate one tablespoon of beeswax for every ounce of oil. Stirring constantly, heat the oil and beeswax until the wax melts, usually within a minute. Pour the liquid into small, wide-mouthed jars (a good excuse for buying marinated artichoke hearts) and cool.
    Use this onitment lavishly for diaper rash, insect bites, all itches, and minor wounds. It heals, stops itching, checks bleeding, and eases pain.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Elderberry Syrup Recipe

7 cups elderberry juice
    8 cups honey
    3 cups 80 proof vodka

(if you're starting with dried berries, to get "juice", put 1 cup of berries in a quart jar and pour 2 cups of boiling water over them. If they soak it up, add a bit more. Stash in the fridge or a cool, dark place for 24-48 hours.Then strain, and squeeze every bit of liquid you can out- you can twist the berries in a muslin towel and get most of it. You'll need three "jars" of the stuff to get enough for 7 cups. )

Warm the elderberry juice to “hot, but not boiling” temp… between 150 and 180F should be plenty. Stir in the honey and stir until it’s completely dissolved and blended.

Remove from the heat, and stir in the vodka.

Pour into sterile jars or bottles (sterilize them by boiling for 5-10 minutes in boiling water, then let drip dry upside down until filling)

Cap and LABEL. Store in a cool DARK place (or bottle in dark brown glass)

Standard dose for adults would be:

Prophylaxis (prevention) 1 tablespoon (15 mls, or 1/2 ounce) 2x a day. If there is active flu in your office or family, double that, or take more often.

Treatment: 1-2 tablespoons every 3-4 hours

Children under 12: half the adult dose

Toddlers and infants: Talk to your doctor! But, lacking that, 1 tsp at similar intervals to the adult dose should be adequate.

There is NO way to overdose on this! Put it in juice, jello, pour it over ice cream- any way you can get the kids to take it is fine.

Alternatives:
    If you do not want to use any alcohol in the syrup, use
    7 cups elderberry juice
    14 cups honey

Proceed as above, ignoring the reference to the vodka.

If you don’t want to use honey (probably best to NOT use it for babies under 1 year)

7 cups elderberry juice
    11 cups sugar

Stir until the sugar is dissolved in the hot juice, then bottle.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mommy magic For This Useful Post:

AZ Prepper (06-04-2012), ChefTessBakeresse (02-03-2012), JulieAnn (02-07-2012)

16. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

its been 3 weeks and i still hear nothing

17. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

This place is busy with lurkers, but very few posters. Trust me, they're viewing your helpful information. They just keep silent.

Thank you!
    [I]-Darin-

18. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Blog Entries

Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

Great post!!
    Professional Chef and Instructor: http://cheftessbakeresse.blogspot.com

19. Join Date
    Mar 2010

Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

I am one of those lurkers. It has been a while since I last lurked, but here I am again. These are very interesting and informative recipes. I thank-you very much for sharing them with us. Now I have to try and find some of these items (Herbs?) that you are mentioning.

20. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

I have young children and appreciate the applicable recipes you shared.

Question: One of my sons has asthma. Any recommendations to ease breathing/allergy problems? I am able to store a 3-month supply of his meds but nothing more.
    Also, my toddler and I are prone to strep throat. What would you recommend homeopathically to help ease the pain?

Lastly: A big thank you for sharing your knowledge! I am new to these forums. I'm printing many of your recipes and am adding them to my emergency binder.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to NenaSC For This Useful Post:

JulieAnn (02-07-2012)

22. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

OH I am reading with great interest! Keep up the information!

23. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

I just printed every page. I need to know get all the ingredients!

24. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

well thank you to all that has posted on here, i was begining to think no one was interested, i was going to stop posting the recipes thinking no one wants them, i will post more this evening

25. The Following User Says Thank You to mommy magic For This Useful Post:

AZ Prepper (06-04-2012)

26. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

Childrens Cough Syrup

Peel and slice 3 large onions into a saucepan. Add equal parts honey and lemon juice (I start with 1/2 c each). Cook until the onions are translucent. Strain. Put the liquid back in the pot and taste it. It should taste about like a honey lemon cough drop - just a hint of onion. It actually tastes good. 1 Tablespoon whenever they cough. This really works....I had chronic bronchitis when I was a child and nothing the doctor prescribed worked, but this did. I would have to a take a spoonful about every hour, but it worked.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mild Congestion

Go to the doctor if you need to!

1 c tomato juice
    1 t lemon juice
    1 t. minced fresh garlic
    1/2 t hot sauce

Heat together and sip until feeling better. You can freeze this in an ice cube tray, or stick it in the fridge and it will last a few days

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dandelion Pharmacy

Dandelion Wine

2gal/8 liter crock
    3-5 qts/3-5 liters blossoms
    5 qts/5 liters water
    3 pounds/1.5 kg sugar
    1 organic orange
    1 organic lemon
    1 pkg/8 grams live yeast whole wheat bread toast

DIRECTIONS:

Find a field of dandelions in bloom on a glorious shining day. Follow the honeybees to the finest flowers. Pick them with a sweeping motion of your parted fingers, like a comb. I leave the green sepals on, but get rid of all stalks.

Back home, put blossoms immediately into a large ceramic, glass, or plastic vessel. Boil water; pour over flowers. Cover your crock with cheesecloth. Stir daily for three days. On the fourth day, strain blossoms from liquid.

Cook liquid with sugar and rind of citrus (omit rind if not organic) for 30-60 minutes. Return to crock. Add citrus juice. When liquid has cooled to blood temperature, soften yeast, spread on toast, and float toast in crock. Cover and let work two days. Strain.

Return liquid to crock for one more day to settle. Filter into very clean bottles and cork lightly. Don't drink until winter solstice.

Preparation time: A week's worth of effort yields a drink not only delightful but good for your liver, as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nettle Beer
    One of the most delightful medicines for joint pain

1 pound/500g raw sugar
    2 lemons
    1 ounce/30g cream of tartar
    5 quarts/5 liters water
    2 pounds/1 kilo nettle tops
    1 ounce/30g live yeast Place sugar, lemon peel (no white), lemon juice, and cream of tartar in a large crock. Cook nettles in water for 15 minutes. Strain into the crock and stir well. When this cools to blood warm, dissolve the yeast in a little water and add to your crock. Cover with several folds of cloth and let brew for three days. Strain out sediment and bottle. Ready to drink in eight days.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    First-Aid Eyewash

1-tablespoon each comprey root and fennel seed in 4 ounces of water for a few minutes, cover the pot.turn off the heat and steep until cool. strain carefully through a fine textured fabric and refrigerate. always keep this formula in the frige and remake it every 3 days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antifungal Salve

2- parts chaparral
    2- parts black walnut hulls
    1- part goldenseal
    1- part myrrh
    1- part echinaccea
    a few drops of essential oil of cajeput or tea tree oil, put ingredients in a glass jar with a lid, set in sun for 2 weeks. remember to cover the above in olive oil.after 2 weeks in the sun, strain out herb, then measure the oil left, add beeswax according to the note below. bottle up, seal, and store.
    NOTE: to each cup of herb oil, add 1/4 cup beeswax. if you wish a harder salve add more beeswax, if you wish a softer salve, add more oil. salve will store for years if in a cool, dark place.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Homemade Ice Pack

2- cups of water
    1/3- cup (80%) alcohol- rubbing alcohol, vodka ect.
    zipper- top plastic bag
    combine water and alcohol in a zipper- top bag. seal top and freeze. the alcohol keeps it from freezing solid and creates a gel - like ice pack.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inflammation Pain Tincture

1/2-teaspoon each tinctures of bupleurum root, ginseng root, licorice root, echinacca root, yucca root and turmeric ( if available)

combine ingredients. take half a dropperful a few times a day or as needed. for long-term use, consult an herbalist.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Antidepressant Tincture

1- teaspoon tincture of St. John's-wort leaf
    1/2- teaspoon tincture of licorice root, ginseng root, lemon balm leaf and ashwaganda leaf ( if available)

combine ingredients ( if you do not or cannot drink alcohol, buy glycerites instead of tincture.)take 1 dropperful 3 times a day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yarrow Skin Wash

yarrow makes an excellent skin wash, particularly beneficial to oily cpmplexions.
    pour 2-cups boiling water over about 1- cup crumbled dried flowering yarrow tops. cool, and strain, pat on the skin. this wash smoothes chapping and minoe irritations as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Insomnia / Relaxation formula

2- tablespoons Valerian
    2-tablespoons yarrow
    2-tablespoons lavender
    3-tablespoons spearment
    3-tablespoons cat nip
    mix together, put in a jar lable as:
    insomnia / Relaxation formula
    directions: 1 (one) large tablespoon per cup. add hot water. steep 15 minutes, strain through cloth and drink.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to mommy magic For This Useful Post:

AZ Prepper (06-04-2012)

28. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

here are some that i have for ear infection, i hope they work for you,

-peel the skin from a bud of garlic, and cut to fit the outside of the ear canal.Wrap in a piece of gauze, heat gently, and insert into the canal.

-place a few drops of mullein oil on a cotton ball and gently place in the ear canal.

-steep yarrow leaves and pour the warm liquid into the ear canal to soothe and reduce infection.

anti-inflammatory and antibacterial herbs include chamomile, echinacea, golden rod, and golden seal, and they can be taken internally or infused and dropped into the ear canal.
    Vinegar Of Four Thieves
    2-quarts (half gallon) apple cider vinegar
    2-tablespoons lavender
    2-tablespoons sage
    2-tablespoons rue
    2-tablespoons rosemary
    2-tablespoons wormwood
    2-tablespoons mint

combine the herbs and steepin vinegar in the sun for 2 weeks. strain, add 2 tablespoons of garlic buds and steep for several days.remove. to preserve, add 4 oz. of glycerin.
    NOTE: 4 thieves during the outbreak of the bubonic plague, drank and washed with this vinegar preparation every few hours.
    ALSO: can be used for washing floors, walls, windows and will offset smells in home, helps deter bugs if you rinse your hiking gear in it. save the herbs after straining and place were ants come in, NO MORE ANTS!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    as for the warts... use tea tree, it has antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties. or try sqeeze the fresh sap of a dandelion stalk on to the wart everyday until it disappears.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Homemade Rescue Remedy
    make a treatment bottly of rescue remedy by adding 2 drops of each constituent Bach Flower Remedey to a 1 fl. oz. bottle of brandy.
    cherry plum- for feeling of desperation.
    rock rose- to ease terror, fear or panic.
    impatients- to soothe irritability and agitation.
    clematis- to counteract the tendency to drift away from the present.
    star of bethlehem- to address the mental and physical symptoms of shock.

helps stabilize the emotional and psychologial stresses reflecting the root cause-the stress factors include such things as fear, loneliness, worry, jealousy, and insecurity, deprested and others.
    place 4 drops under the tongue. hold liquid in mouth a moment before swallowing. can also be rubbed directly on the lips, behind the ears, or on the wrists. take as needed.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Plantain Lotion
    finely chop sufficient fresh plantain leaves to fill a small jar.
    add sufficient glycerin to cover the leaves.stand for 2 weeks, stirring from time to time. strain and store in dark bottle, makes a smoothing and healing lotion for weeping and itchy rashes, and insect bits.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Natural Mocsquito And Tick Repellent
    1- cup of spring water
    1/2- cup lemon juice
    15- drops of peppermint oil
    10- drops of lavender oil

place all in a clean spray bottle and store in the frig.. shake well before each use. can be used on dogs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    NATURAL DETANGLER RECIPE
    Summary: Similar to No More Tangles

Ingredients:
    8 oz. distilled water
    1 tsp. aloe vera gel
    1-2 drops glycerin
    1-2 drops essential oil
    15 drops Grapefruit seed Extract

Instructions: Combine in a spray bottle. Shake before each use.

Teething Biscuit Recipes - Vanilla Teether Shapes (DAIRY FREE)
    1 egg, beaten
    4 oz (1/2 cup) sugar
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    4 oz (1 cup) flour

Preheat the oven to 325 deg F, 160 deg C.
    Place the egg in a bowl and stir in the sugar and vanilla.
    Add the flour and stir in, until the dough is stiff.
    Roll out on a lightly floured surface, then cut into shapes.
    Allow to stand for 12 hours (it's a good idea to make these in the evening then leave the dough overnight).
    Bake until golden and hard.
    RECIPE # 46
    Teething Biscuit Recipes - Italian Cookies (DAIRY FREE)2 small eggs
    4 oz (1 cup) icing sugar/confectioner's sugar
    4 oz (1 cup) flour
    1/2 tsp baking powder

Using an electric mixer, whisk the eggs with the sugar for around 10 mins, until the mixture is thick.
    Mix the baking powder with the flour, then gradually add the flour to the egg mixture. Increase the amount of flour if the mixture is too sticky.
    Roll the dough out into long strips, around 1 1/2 in wide, on a lightly floured surface.
    Place on a baking sheet/cookie sheet.
    Cover with a clean tea towel and allow to sit for 12 hours.
    Preheat the oven to 375 deg F, 190 deg C.
    Cut the dough into 1 1/2 in pieces and return to the cookie sheet.
    Bake for around 20 mins until golden brown and cool on wire racks.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teething Biscuit Recipes - Cinnamon Cookies
    10 oz (2 1/2 cups) flour
    2 oz (1/2 cup) non fat dried milk powder
    2 oz (1/2 cup) wheat germ
    1 1/2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp cinnamon
    pinch salt
    6 oz (3/4 cup) sugar
    3 fl oz (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
    1 beaten egg
    2 oz (1/4 cup) frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed

Mix the flour, milk powder, wheat germ, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
    Mix the oil and sugar in a separate bowl and beat in the egg.
    Stir in the apple juice, then add enough of the flour mixture to make a stiff dough.
    Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
    Preheat the oven to 375 deg F, 190 deg C.
    Roll out the dough and cut into shapes, then place on a greased baking sheet/cookie sheet.
    Bake for 15 minutes, until golden.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Teething Biscuit Recipes - Vanilla Biscotti
    4 oz (1/2 cup) sugar
    1 1/2 tbsp butter
    1 egg
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    tiny pinch salt
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    4 oz (1 cup) flour

Preheat the oven to 350 deg F, 180 deg C.
    Cream the sugar with the butter and beat in the egg.
    Add the vanilla extract, flour, baking powder and salt and mix the dough well.
    Form the dough into a long "log" shape and bake for 20 mins on a greased baking sheet/cookie sheet.
    Allow to cool, then cut into 1/2 in slices.
    Place each slice, cut side down, on a baking/cookie sheet, then bake for another 15-20 mins, turning the Biscotti over half way through the cooking time.
    Teething Biscuit Recipes - With Yeast 8 fl oz (1 cup) milk
    2 fl oz (1/4 cup) tepid water
    2 oz (1/4 cup) butter
    1 beaten egg yolk
    1 tsp salt
    1 lb (4 cups) unbleached flour
    2 tbsp sugar
    1 tbsp active dry yeast

Place the butter, milk, salt and half the sugar in a saucepan.
    Warm over a very low heat and allow to cool until tepid.
    Dissolve the remaining sugar with the yeast in the lukewarm water.
    Cover and set aside, until bubbles appear on the surface.
    Next, mix the milk mixture with the yeast mixture, stirring thoroughly.
    Add the beaten egg yolk, then gradually add 12 oz (3 cups) of the flour.
    Mix the dough well, then continue to add the flour a little at a time to create a soft dough.
    Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic.
    Place dough in a greased bowl and cover.
    Set aside and allow the dough to rise until double in size.
    Pull off small pieces of dough and, using your hands, roll into small balls.
    Place on a greased baking sheet/cookie sheet, leaving a few inches between each.
    Set aside again and allow dough to rise until double in size once more.
    Bake at 375 deg F, 190 deg C for around 15 mins, until golden brown.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    All Natural Baby Wipes Solution
    1 -cup water
    1/4 -cup Aloe Vera Juice
    1- tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
    1 -tablespoon Calendula Oil
    1 -teaspoon grated, unscented soap
    2 -drops Lavender Oil
    2 -drops Tea Tree Oil

Mix in a jar and then pour over organic cloth wipes or paper towels. This baby wipe solution is anti-fungal and great for discouraging yeast diaper rashes.
    Homemade Baby Powder (Talc-free)
    cup corn starch
    cup Arrowroot powder
    1 tablespoon dried ground chamomile
    1 tablespoon dried ground lavender
    cup finely ground oats
    Blend well and put in a shaker style bottle. Now you can powder your baby’s little bottom in safety.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Bath Milk
    1 cup milk
    cup corn starch
    cup finely ground oats
    2-3 drops lavender, rose, or chamomile essential oils

Mix ingredients together and put in a shaker style bottle. To use, sprinkle a small amount in warm bath water.
    A Better Baby Oil
    1 cup Grapeseed or Apricot Kernel oil
    4-6 drops lavender or chamomile essential oils
    1-2 vitamin E capsules (optional)

Squeeze the vitamin E capsules into the oils and mix together. Store in a dark colored bottle and use as a bath or massage oil.
    Lavender Dryer Sachets
    1 small muslin drawstring bag (you can usually get these at craft stores)
    Dried Lavender
    2-3 drops lavender essential oil

Fill the muslin bag with the dried lavender and add the essential oil. Close the bag tightly and throw in the dryer along with your baby clothes. They will be super soft and they will smell great!

The skin is the body’s largest organ and it has the ability to absorb things that is comes into contact with. With that in mind do you want to expose your baby to potentially harmful chemicals or safe and natural ingredients? Most parents would agree that ensuring your baby products are completely natural is worth it. These recipes should help you get started.

Making our own baby products with all natural ingredients is fun to do, it saves money, and most importantly it ensures that our babies’ delicate immune systems are not unduly taxed by harmful product ingredients. Most of the ingredients listed above can be bought at conventional supermarkets and natural food stores so you can pick some up on your regular shopping trips.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thrush Oil
    8- drops each lavender and tea tree essential oils.
    2-tablespoons vegetable oil

combine inredients, gently apply oil to inside of childs mouth with a cotton swad or a clean finger, a nursing mother whose child is suffering from thrush should apply this oil to her nipples so that she and her baby do not pass the illness back and forth.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tummy Rub Oil
    (for stomachache, colic, gas pains and so on)
    6- drops lemongrass essential oil
    1-drop each chamomile and fennel essential oils
    2-ounces vegetable oil

mix inredients together, rub on every hour, or as needed. ( in this formula, lemongrass or lemon balm can be used)
    NOTE: this is good for children or adalts.
    bone spurs
    Using Curcumin and flaxseed
    Curcumin, the yellow pigment of turmeric is effective in treating bone spur. Take 500 to 1000 mg of curcumin 3 to 4 times a day on an empty stomach. Try this remedy daily for about 6 weeks. To relieve pain, apply flaxseed hot pack to the affected area. Take alternate hot and cold foot bath
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    bone spursUsing cheese cloth
    Dip a piece of cheese cloth in warm linseed oil and keep the cloth on the affected area. Cover the cloth with plastic and keep a heating pad on the plastic for 2 hours.
    Tiger Balm
    1 oz cayenne infused oil
    3 oz goldenrod or arnica infused oil
    3/4 oz beeswax
    20 drops white camphor (essential oils)
    20 drops cinnamon leaf (essential oils)
    20 drops rosemary (essential oils)
    30 drops clary sage (essential oils)
    10 drops sweet birch (essential oils)

Melt beeswax, add infused oils and stir well. Let cool a bit before adding essential oils. Mix well and pour into clean, sterilized container.
    Be careful not to use near body orifices or on open skin.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to mommy magic For This Useful Post:

AZ Prepper (06-04-2012)

30. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

This is TRULY a wealth of knowledge!!! Thanks a million for sharing!!! Phew...I feel like I have a TON to keep me busy. Of course, if you have more to share, please continue to do so! In short...YOU ARE AMAZING!!!
    "If the people around you don't believe in you, if they don't encourage you, then you need to find some people who do." --John Maxwell

31. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

Thank you! These are great and you bet I want more!!! :0) How can I copy them, I'm putting together a note book of old time use's (other than food) for herb's, to give to my children.
    Judyr808
    PS I'm a Grandma and know a little about using herb's and always are looking for different recipes. Looking forward to reading more!
    Don't judge a book by it cover.

32. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

did you miss me? well here is more.......

Respiratory Anthrax (Internal use)
    Add 45- drops of lavender (essential oil) and 45 drops of oregano (essential oil) to a 2-oz. bottle vodka or brandy.
    Add 40-50 drops of essential oil/alcohol mixture to a half glass of warm water. Then add 10-12 drops of echinacea (herbal tincture ), elderberry (herbal tincture), garlic (herbal tincture) and goldenseal (herbal tincture) to the water.

Take combined mixture 3 times per day, 10 minutes before meals.
    Kidney Stone Tea
    2 teaspoons hydrangea root

1 teaspoon wild yam root

1 teaspoon cramp bark

1 quarts water

1 teaspoon joe-pye weed

teaspoon each corn silk, plantain leaf and yarrow leaf

Add hydrangea, wild yam and cramp bark to water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then turn down heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, add other herbs, cover pan and steep for at least 20 minutes. Strain and keep refrigerated. Drink 3 to 4 cups daily. If bleeding occurs, add 30 drops shepherd's purse tincture to each cup of tea.

A tea is especially appropriate when treating a kidney infection because you should already be drinking plenty of water to keep kidneys flushed and help prevent the stones from forming. For convenience, you can also take this formula as a tincture; take 2 to 3 dropperfuls a day.

There are several herbs that can help with different aspects of kidney stones.

Aloe can be taken internally in the form of pure aloe juice. Take cup daily for no more than 2 weeks at a time. Aloe contains aloemannan, which slows the rate of crystal formation.

Chanca piedra is an herb that is taken internally in the tincture from, which dissolves calcium stones.

Khella is an herbal remedy that helps the urinary tract heal after a stone passes. It can be taken in a variety of forms in the amount of 20 mg daily.

The birch leaf stimulates urination and stops spasms. It also can be ingested in the form of tea in the amount of 1 cup three times a day.

Marshmallow root helps cleanse the kidneys and expel kidney stones. It can also be taken as tea in the amount of 1 quart daily.

Varuna blocks an enzyme that is necessary for the formation of calcium oxalate stones. It comes in the form of a loose tea, and can be prepared by steeping 1 tbsp in 1 cup of water. Drink three times a day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Herbal Remedies for Dissolving Kidney Stones
    1. A mixture of 1 teaspoon basil juice and honey may be taken daily to strengthen kidney function and check stone formation.

2. A combination of lemon juice and hydrangea herb extracts reduces stone size and helps in eliminating them.

3. Gravel root is effective in helping one getting rid of this problem.

4. Goldenrod herb cleanses urinary tract of stones.

5. Nettles, horsetails, and St John Wort prevent bleeding due to stones.

6. Cranberries help in dissolving stones from the kidney.

7. Juniper berries and marsh mallow root also break down kidney stones in to tiny pieces and enable easy flushing out.

8. Every morning one may drink a mixture of 8 ounces of distilled water, the juice of one lime, 15 drops of hot cayenne extracts and maple syrup for taste. This drink dissolves stones from the kidney magically.

9. Herbs like joe-pye weed, meadowsweet and sarsaparilla may be used in the form of tea to remove kidney stones naturally.

10. A combination of dandelion root extracts and fennel seeds can easily flush out kidney stones.

11. Yarrow leaf, wild yam root, corn silk may be used as tea. These herbs are effective in dissolving stones from the kidney.

12. Black cherry juice lowers uric acid levels and checks stone formation.

13. Cramp bark extracts reduces pain and muscle spasm due to stones.

14. Herbal supplements such as Kid Clear capsules are also highly beneficial in dissolving kidney stones naturally without any side effects.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If some are affended by these recipes, im sorry,

Yuba Gold
    4- parts damiana leaf
    4- parts scullcap herb
    1/2- parts lobelia herb
    4- parts passionflower herb
    1- part spearmint leaf

Damiana can make a really fine smoke if used in a waterpipe. For a marijuana- like high occurs, short lasting.
    In large quantities, it acts more like a hallucinogen.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Arecoline
    1/2- gram burnt lime (hydrated calcium oxide)
    1- betel nut

Mix 1/2- gram of burnt lime (hydrated calcium oxide) with 1- betel nut. Preferably in a semi-powdered form. Place in the side of the mouth like a plug of tobacco for 2- hours. Spitting the saliva occasionally.
    Betel nut is considered an aphrodisiac because it stimulates available energy and elevates moods, it is currently used like coffee or cigarettes in this country.
    NOTE: from eather overuse or chewing unripe areca nuts, witch contain large quantities of the oil, can cause inebriation, dizziness, and diarrhea. Also, prolonged use causes damage to the teeth and soft tissues of the mouth. Because of the primary effects of arecoline, betel nut is well suited for manual labor. This central nervous system (CNS) stimulant also makes a journey more vivid because it affects ones perception of time.
    Garlic Oil (antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal)
    Crush or squeeze 6 cloves of garlic into a cup. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Allow the active ingredient in the garlic (ajoene) to seep into the oil for 3 days. Strain off the garlic residue and apply the oil with a cotton swab or cotton ball once daily for a week. If irritation occurs, stop use immediately.
    Antibacterial powder (for dogs and cats)
    1- part golden seal powder
    1- part garlic powder

This is to prevent and treat general infections, parasitic infections (such as ringworm or mange), or hair loss. Mix together and store in a covered jar.
    Apply freely to any sore or abraded area where bacteria might become a problem.
    3-C Cream For Childern
    1- tablespoon camomile
    1- tablespoon comfrey root
    1- tablespoon flowers (marigold)
    4- oz. olive oil
    Dab of beeswax (about 1- tablespoon)

Mix a thick infusion of the herbs, strain out the herbs and add the herbal liquid to the oil. Simmer until most of the water has boiled off. Add the beeswax and heat until it is melted. Remove from the heat and stir until the cream is solid and cooled. This cream is especially good for burns or irritated mucous passages, or as a diaper rash ointment.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

33. The Following User Says Thank You to mommy magic For This Useful Post:

AZ Prepper (06-04-2012)

34. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

Homemade hand warmer recipe
    25g- iron powder (filings or grindings)
    1- gram sodium chloride ( table salt)

combine in plastic bag and shake to mix.
    add to bag,
    1- tablespoon vermiculite (or charcoal or sawdust)
    shake to mix
    store in air tight jar until ready to use.
    TO ACTIVATE,
    add 1- teaspoon (5 ml) water, seal the bag tight then squeeze and shake.
    NOTE: fine steel wool could be used instead of iron filings.
    Internal use (for skin anthrax)
    Add 5- drops cinnamon bark essential oil, 8- drops geranium essential oil, 5- drops lavender essential oil, and 5- drops savory essential oil to 2- ounce bottle of vodka or brandy.Add 40-50 drops of this essential oil /alcohol mixture to a half- glass of warm water. Then add 20- drops calendula herb tincture and 20- drops ofartichoke herb tincture into the water.

Take combined mixture 3- times per day, before meals.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Comfrey Gel
    1- cup freshly chopped comfrey root.
    1- cup water

Simmer for 20 minutes. Let cool, then strain through a coarse sieve.You can use the resulting gel immediatly or roll in to small balls and freeze for future use.To treate: rub gel onto injured area on a regular basis until condition improves.
    (for burns and abrasions for dogs and people)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------Nature's Penicillin
    24- cloves garlic
    raw honey

Peel the garlic and put them in a medium size jar, add honey, a little at a time over a couple of days, until the jar is full; then set it in a sunlit window until garlic has turned somewhat opaque and honey tastes strongly of garlic. Take a teaspoon every few hours or whatever necessary.
    (to soothe a sore throught or cough)
    Peter Rabbit's Tea (safe for kids)
    (stomachache, stress, anxiety, nerves and such)

2- cups boiling water
    1- teaspoon chamomile flowers
    1- teaspoon lemon balm leaves
    1/2- teaspoon catnip leaves
    1/2- teaspoon fennel OR dill seeds

pour boiling water over herbs and steep for 10 minutes.strain out herbs and allow to cool. have your child sip this tea as needed, sometimes as little as 1/4 cup spells relief.
    Arthritis drink
    combine 1/3- cup honey
    1- cup vinegar
    16- ounces grape juice
    32- ounces apple juice

drink 1 or 2 ounces daily
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    i cant remember where i get some of the recipes,so PLEASE know that i do not take any creadit for any of the recipes that i post..... i get them from other forums, books, magazines and such. i just post them so that everyone can enjoy them and so that there in one spot for everyone.

this recipe i got from a forum and it asked the the name NOT be changed.........PLEASE honor his wishes!!!!!!!
    we use this one ALL the time, we have 6 tubes of it in the freezer....

Ultralight Joe's Moose Goo
    2- parts honey
    2- parts corn flour (not corn meal)
    1- part peanut butter
    mix thoughly, pack into Coghlan's sqeeze tubes, or cold weather wrap in wax paper.
    singal sqeeze tube proportions 2-3 lunches w/ large tortilla...
    8- tablespoons honey, 8- tablespoons corn flour, 4- tablespoons peanut butter.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to mommy magic For This Useful Post:

AZ Prepper (06-04-2012)

36. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

Thank you for this wealth of information!
    [I]-Darin-

37. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

Deodorant Powder
    Mix equal parts of the following ingredients:
    orris root
    orange peel powder
    lemon peel powder

Add for scent:
    calamus root OR licorice root

Put mixture into a powder dispenser and use on any part of the body to deodorize.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    thought this recipe would be good for not only babys bottoms but also a great solution for preppers to have wet ones as they need them.....

Castile Solution
    1 tablespoon almond, apricot, or other oil
    1 tablespoon Dr Bronner's Liquid Castile Soap
    2 drops tea tree oil
    1 drop lavender oil
    1 cup water

When mixing solutions it works best to start with oil and end with water. The oil will coat your measuring tools so the soap slips right off. Be sure to add the water slowly or you'll end up with a ton of bubbles! Most of the time it's easiest to gently mix the wipe solution in a bottle with a cover, then pour it into the storage container.

There are many different ways to store and apply wipe solutions to your wipes, try a few of the following ideas to find the one that works best for your family. You may discover that one system works great at home and another works great away from home. Here's some ideas to get you started:

Use a spray bottle to spritz baby's bottom or the wipes. (For baby's comfort we prefer spraying the wipes)
    Use a bottle with a pull-up spout (like on bottled-water bottles) to dribble solution onto the wipes.
    Warm solution and place in an insulated container to provide warm wipes for baby.
    Place the solution into a commercial baby wipes container and dip wipes into the solution.
    Place cloth wipes in a commercial baby wipes container and pour wipes solution over wipes.
    A commercial baby wipes container can be placed in a wipes warmer to provide cozy warm wipes for baby.

Don't store solution or wet wipes for a long time because they can become musty and the wet wipes may even grow mildew - ewww! Check your solution and wet wipes daily, and mix smaller batches of solution frequently instead of large batches less often to avoid mustiness. We mix fresh solution once a week, store it in a bottled-water bottle, and have not had any problems with mustiness.

note: other recipes for wipe call for vinager to inhibit mold.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Hardtack
    3- cups flour
    2- teaspoons salt
    1- cup water

in a large bowl, mix flour and salt, add water and stir or work with hands to blend. knead dough, adding more flour if mixture becomes sticky. turn out onto a floured board, roll dough into a rectrangle 1/2 inch thick, using a sharp knife, cut dough into 3 inch squares. using clean nail, poke 16 holes though each square. bake @ 375% for 25 minutes or until brown. store in an airtight container

makes 12
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Vapor Rub
    1/4- teaspoon eucalyptus essential oil
    1/8- teaspoon pepperment essential oil
    1/8-teaspoon thyme essential oil
    1/4- cup olive oil

combine ingredients in a glass bottle. Shake well to mix oils evenly. Gently massage into chest and throat.

Astringent Liniment
    1-part yarrow
    1-part shepherd's purse
    1-part calendula
    1/4-part cayenne

TO MAKE: cover the herbs with warmed vinegar and / or witch hazel extract, let the mixture sit for 2 to 3 week, strain and rebottle. this liniment will last indefinitly, and can be used as an astringent for muscualar pain and aches.

38. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

CURE FOR HYDROPHOBIA (rabies)

William H. Reed, writing for the Gazette, says that he knows of over fifty cases of hydrophobia that have been cured by the following remedy, which can be taken at any time after the bite, but the sooner the better, although he has known of some cases that were cured when the rabies were present:
    Take one and a half ounces of elecampane root, grind it fine (a coffee mill will do), put the ground root in a pint of new milk, boil down to a half pint, take it at one dose in the morning, and fast till 4:00 P.M. on the same day. Repeat this every other day for three days, making three doses in all. The last two doses may consist of two ounces of the root to the pint of milk. It is important that it be taken on an empty stomach, also that nothing should be eaten till from 8 to 10 hours after taking.

39. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

Cold and flu season helper (for colds)
    1/4-teaspoon ginger powder
    1/4- teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1- tablespoon honey
    1- tablespoon apple cider vinegar
    2- tablespoons hot water

Take one teaspoon every hour. The cayenne pepper really gets things moving, This stuff is potent, but not unbearable.
    Tea for Cold and flu season (cough and cold)
    try about 5 slices of ginger
    1- clove garlic (sliced)
    some fresh squeezed lemon juice
    and honey to taste

put all in large mug and cover with boiling water, let sit for 5 minutes, then sip on this.
    works wounders!
    keep a steady flow of this til symptoms let up. several cups throughout the day.
    Ear Oil (for infections and earaches)
    1/4- mullein oil
    1/4- garlic oil
    1/4- calendula oil
    1/4- st. johns wort oil

TO USE: before bed, fill your ear canal with the oil and put cotton in ear, to keep from running out. repeat nightly as needed.
    Animal Gatorade
    2- quarts of water
    4-oz. of eather honey or karo syrup
    1-teaspoon salt
    1-teaspoon soda

mix well, amd administer to small animals with eyedropper. some times an animal like cats and dogs will drink it on their own!
    Ratio of clorox bleach to water for purification
    2-drops of REGULAR clorox bleach per quart of water
    8- drops of REGULAR clorox bleach per gallon of water
    1/2- teaspoon of REGULAR clorox bleach per 5 gallons of water
    if water is cloudy, double the recommended dosages of clorox bleach.

NOTE: ONLY use regular clorox bleach (not fresh sent or lemon) to insure that bleach is at its full strength, rotate or replace your storage bottle minimally every 3 months.
    Yummy Homemade Toothpaste!
    2- Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
    3- Tablespoons of Baking Soda
    3- Tablespoons of Baking Soda
    5- drops Spearmint Essential Oil
    a pinch of Stevia powder

mixed it in a tiny wide mouth half-pint canning jar, and just dip dry toothbrushes in it. Don’t get grossed out… remember coconut oil is anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, so it will even keep the toothbrushes more sanitary.
    Homemade Toothpaste Recipe
    1/4 cup baking soda
    1/4 cup vegetable glycerin
    1 Tbsp castile liquid soap
    few drops peppermint, anise, wintergreen essential oil, optional
    dash of stevia or xylitol

Combine ingredients with a hand mixer or by hand as desired. Store in a old toothpaste dispenser by cutting the end off and filling with your toothpaste. Seal the end with masking tape until it is ready for a re-fill. Both of these recipes work well for cleaning your teeth and are completely safe and natural…so no fear for the little ones! Just make sure to only give them a little dab on the toothbrush because the ingesting essential oils is the only concern here. So please use less essential oils if you are concerned.

Dakin’s Solution( kill most bacterias and viruses.)

32- ounces (4 cups) of clean water
    1/2- teaspoon of of baking soda
    Sodium hydrochlorite solution at 5.25%(Bleach-unscented)

1- Wash your hands well with soap and water.
    2- Measure out 32 ounces (4 cups) of clean water. Pour into a clean pan and allow water to boil for 15 minutes.
    3- Remove pan from heat.
    4- Using a sterile measuring spoon, add 1/2 tsp. of of baking soda to the water.
    5- Measure bleach according to the strength that is desired:
    For full stregnth – add 3 oz. bleach or 95 ml.
    For 1/2 strength – add 3 tbls. + 1/2 tsp. or 48 ml
    For 1/4 strength – add 1 tbls. +2 tsp. or 24 ml.
    For 1/8 stregnth – add 2 1/2 tsp. or 12-14 ml.
    6- Place the solution in a jar and close it tightly with a sterile lid. Cover the closed jar with tin foil to protect it from sunlight.
    7- Throw away any unused portion of the antiseptic within 48 hours of use. This solution can be made up to a month prior to using and stored away

Uses For Dakin’s Solution
    *Minor scrapes,
    *Skin and tissue infections,
    *Can be used before and after surgical procedures to prevent infection
    *Can be used as a mouth wash (should not be swallowed)
    *Used as a wound irrigator solution to clean wounds,
    * Can be applied as a wet-to-moist dressing for wounds. The body’s own wound-healing tissues and fluids can decrease the antibacterial effect of Dakin’s solution. Therefore, this daily for minor wounds and twice daily for heavily draining or contaminated wounds… Additionally, protect the surrounding healthy skin with a moisture barrier ointment (i.e. petroleum jelly) or skin sealant as needed to prevent irritation.
    vitality toward more energetic expressions of love, I humbly offer my favorite aphrodisiac tea recipe.

Love Motion Potion1/2- ounce Damiana
    1/2- ounce Siberian Ginseng
    1/2- ounce Ashwagandha
    1/8- ounce Licorice root
    1/12- ounce Prickly Ash bark
    Mix the herbs well. Bring to boil 1.5 pints of water, add the herbs and simmer for five minutes on a very low flame. Strain. Served hot or iced, this tea invigorates your senses, uplifts your spirits and gets your juices flowing!

Love Motion Potion is geared for Women as well as Men. This tea can be quite energizing, so...drink it in the evening ONLY if you are planning some exciting late night activities!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------LOVE TEA
    -Boil two cups of water.
    -While water is boiling pour liquid rose petals, Spearmint, licorice root, and hawthorn herb in water.
    -Then stir in the pinch of coriander, cinnamon, and nutmeg and add a toach of vanilla to taste.
    -Cover and turn heat down to simmer for three minutes.
    -Take tea off heat, stir and let stand for five minutes.
    -Pour into mugs and sit with your loved one for a nice conversation while sipping tea. Let things go from there.

40. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

homemade diaper rash cure
    mix milk of magnesia and corn starch in equal amounts to make a cream consistency. apple liberally to baby.
    Amish Cough Syrup
    mix equal parts of lemon juice, honey and castor oil.
    ADULTS: take 1- tablespoon per day
    CHILDREN OVER 2 YEARS OLD: take 1- teaspoon per day

NOTE: we use this all the time, it works well!
    FOR BURSITIS
    Mix 3- drops of rosemary
    3- drops geranium
    3- drops eucalyptus with 1- tablespoon carrier oil, and rub gently into the area.
    DANDRUFF
    add 3- drops of tea tree oil to 2- tablespoons of your regular shampoo, unless you enjoy spending lots of $$$$ for the shampoo that contains tea tree oil. your choice :b
    2% tincture of iodine (safe water)
    there are a number of methods here is one using ordinary 2% tincture of iodine. Add 3- drops of tincture of iodine to each quart of clear water or 6- drops to each quart of cloudy water. Stir or shack well, let stand for 30 minutes
    NOTE: all bacteria will be killed but the water will be a brownish - red color from the iodine and it will have a slight taste of iodine as well, to neutralize this after letting it stand 30- minutes add 1- tablet of vitamin C to a quart and let stand another 20 minutes.
    pregnant woman and people with thyroid problems should NOT use this method to purify there water.

41. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

Tea Recipe for Seasonal Allergies
    Give this tea a try the next time allergies are getting you down

2- parts Nettle Leaf
    2 -parts Eyebright
    1 -part Elder Flowers
    1 -part Yarrow
    1- part Comfrey Leaf (optional)

Combine the herbs in a container. Bring water to a boil and place herbs in the water (1-2 tsp. herbal mixture per cup of water) , removing pan from burner. Let steep 15-20 minutes, or overnight for a stronger infusion. Strain herbs. Drink hot or cold. Drink 1 cup 3 times a day - this will help the herbs work in your system continually and bring relief throughout the day.
    *1 part to 2 parts herb means if you combined 1/4 a cup of yarrow and elder flowers, you would add 1/2 cup of eyebright and nettle leaf. Mix these herbs in a container and keep on hand to make a tea as often as needed.

42. Re: Mommy Magic's collected herbal recipes

Oil For Nasal Dryness1- teaspoon olive oil
    10- drops oregano oil ( this is the 1;3 diluted stuff- it is diluted with olive oil)

TO USE: cover Q-tip or pinky finger with oil and insert into the nostrils.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rashes And Chaffing Bath
    ( Antiseptic / healing)
    3- parts lemon
    2- parts lavender
    1- part Chamomile
    TO USE: put 2 to 4 drops in warm bath water.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cough Medicine

( suppressant / expectorant )
    1/4- teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
    1/4- teaspoon ground ginger
    1- tablespoon apple cider vinegar
    1- tablespoon honey
    2- tablespoons warm water
    Mix all together well, take 1-2 tablespoons every hour as needed.
    found this, thought could be useful...............

Baby Animal Formula
    keep in refrigerator. Stir or shake well when feeding.
    4- oz evaporated milk
    1- egg yolk
    4- oz water
    1- teaspoon oil (crisco vegetable oil or any kind)

Mix the following ingredients well and keep in refrigerator. Stir or shake well when feeding. This baby animal formula was given to our family by an old vetranarian who has long since passed on. We've used this formula on puppies, kittens, piglets, and squirrels and bunnies! Simple to make and keeps well. We haven't needed to try it on our little goats but if we ever run out of goat milk we know what to use. The only problem we had with it was with the baby pig I believe, it was a little too rich, so we left out the oil.

+ Reply to Thread